What are the Goals of Structural Integration?
- Chronic aches and pains are relieved or resolved
- Increased range, ease, efficiency and strength of movement as parasitic tension and compensations throughout the body are reduced
- Increased ease and space in the body and its movement
- Improved posture
- Improvement in stability and balance
- Enhanced physical performance
- Greater physical and mental energy
- Increased self-esteem: as we begin to view the world from a more stable and balanced structure, we reach out with confidence
- Increase the ability to release existing emotional patterns and better able to handle mental stress
- Promotes better breathing and feeds the brain with oxygen, increasing mental focus and learning capacity
- S.I increases the sense of self. This is essential to feeling at ease in one’s body and expression of emotional responses
What to Expect?
Each session is 90 minutes in length. The work is carried out on a massage table and bench.
A body reading is done so I can put together a strategy of treatment to address your specific patterns of restrictions (photos may be taken if you agree as an aid to assessment).
Each session should be 5 days to a week apart (with the longest gap no more that 14 days) to keep up the momentum to the work and maximise the potential for change. A Structural Integration Series has a beginning and an end. After the Sessions you will not receive more SI series for 6 months to a year.
It is able to create ongoing changes for a long time after the initial 12 sessions and there is further improvement in posture a year or more after. Many clients will benefit from coming back for ‘post-Series’ work on a particular issue, or a mini-series following an injury, surgery or a stressful time. Many people find that at some point they wish to return for a tune up.
Do I really need 12 sessions?
The 3 Series is better suited to those who have gone through the Structural Integration series, which is the 12 session format, as post series work. The 12 series is designed to open the body from the superficial tissues to the deep tissues and joints of the body. More can be achieved and in a way that the body is able to make sense of and maintain.
Uncertain whether Structural Integration is right for you?
I include a complimentary consultation for Structural Integration as part of your first visit. I also offer a free short bodyreading appointment if you would like to know more about Structural Integration and how it can help you. I am happy to arrange a short appointment
for you so we can discuss how Structural Integration can help you if you are interested and would like to find out more. You can also take the first three sessions before you decide to commit to the full series, as this will enable you to make an informed decision whether to continue.
Non-series sessions are available Integrativ Bodywork. It focuses on assessing and treating musculoskeletal conditions and aids in the rehabilitation and prevention of injuries and pain. It is ideal for those with local problems, who do not currently have the commitment required for a Structural Integration Series.